Join our Team!
We believe anything is possible…
Achieving the impossible is what we do at Alaska Luxury Tours. We constantly strive to make things just a little bit better each day; better for our guests, better for our team and better for our Alaskan communities. We are realistically confident that anything can be achieved, and we work hard to find the “YES!” in everything we do.
At ALT our tours are high-end personalized guest experiences. Our tours deliver true luxury, style, safety and comfort. Our products include luxury whale watches, guided hikes, private land tours and private transfers around Juneau Alaska. In addition, we also serve the growing super yacht industry. At our core we help facilitate “peak experiences” with an ambitious team of naturalists, captains, and drivers.
We treat our guests like they’re family. We strive to create a natural, effortless connection with our guests that is both fun and easy.
ALT doesn’t hire just anyone. We’re looking for team members who actively pursue excellence. The people who make this company successful are forward thinking and always strive to find creative solutions to each day’s challenges. We seek individuals who work diligently towards supporting their team and the guests around them…that’s when the magic happens.
Most importantly, we push each other to be better versions of ourselves and as a company. What we’re building here is special and the larger we grow, the smaller we need to act. It’s that simple..and it’s that hard.
Naturalist: If you love sharing your passion for nature with people and have a great mind for details then being a naturalist is for you! Naturalists not only provide excellent customer service for our guests but are also the main source of natural history interpretation during whale watches and guided hikes. Naturalists have the ability to be creative with their style and their positive attitudes are fundamental to a successful trip.
Captain: Do you have visions of cruising the sea in a Ferrari while looking for Alaskan wildlife? Make it happen as a captain on the ALT team. Alaska Luxury Tours and our guests demand excellence from our captains and our captains seek excellence within themselves. As an ALT captain you are responsible for piloting the vessel during whale watches and are the head of safety during voyages. Captains must know how to operate vessels in various weather and traffic situations in a professional and safe way. Our captains are our leaders, they care passionately about their guests, their team and their yacht (oh yeah!)… (Captains must have a USCG 50-Ton license).
Driver/Dispatch: Drivers are the glue that holds our team together. Our drivers are the “face” of Alaska Luxury Tours as they are the first individuals to encounter guests for their trip. As a driver you will transport guests to and from Auke Bay’s Statter harbor from their pick up locations in style. Drivers transport guests in our Mercedes Sprinters outfitted with all the creature comforts needed to be comfortable in Alaska’s varying summer weather. Safety and a good sense of direction are fundamental to this role. (Must have Commercial drivers license or Professional drivers permit from CBJ).
- Clean driving record (No serious moving violations).
- At least 21 years old and have had a driver’s license for a minimum of 5 years.
- Good physical condition: ability to frequently, quickly and easily move around vehicles and vessels in various weather types, must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Certified to work in the U.S. without restrictions for any employer at any time.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and working in a team oriented environment.
- Must be drug free (pre-employment screening and enrollment in random drug testing program is Coast Guard required).
- Must be able to work varied shift hours, including weekends and Holidays.
- (For Captains) USCG 50-ton license and Marine Radio Operator permit.
- Valid First-Aid /CPR certificate.
- Easy-going, flexible, empathetic and patient.
- Reliable and responsible; must be able to work unsupervised, make decisions, and manage continually- changing situations wisely and professionally.
- Sense of humor; quick to smile, laugh, and put others at ease.
- Dependable and punctual; showing up on time when scheduled.
- Good communication skills; promptly respond to texts, emails, or phone calls.
- Must be clean, well groomed, courteous and honest.
Alaska Luxury Tours prides ourselves in our goal to continually improve our operations. We are a high trust work environment where transparency in company goals and efforts is paramount to our combined success. Previous guiding experience is preferred, however we welcome all individuals dedicated to providing world class experiences for our guests. You will be challenged working with us. Our guests expect the best from us, and we always rise to the challenge.
Benefits of working with Alaska Luxury Tours include:
- Competitive wages.
- Generous Referral and End of Season Bonuses.
- Paid parking at public harbor.
- Employee recognition program – ALT All-Star.
- Opportunity for growth within roles with the company.
- Clean, safe and comfortable working environments.
- Great forecasted scheduling, know your schedule several days in advance (not common in the industry).
- Work in the Alaskan wilderness alongside magnificent wildlife!